When you contact my community office, my staff and I will do everything we can to assist you. Your confidentiality is respected at all times. To give you a better idea of how we can help, please review the following information.
What my Community Office can help you with:
- Provide information on locating government services and contact information
- Assist in understanding government policies and services
- Assist in navigating through government bureaucracy
- Ensure due process is being followed
- Attend community events
- Accept practicum students
- Provide congratulatory and greeting messages
- Provide government documents, legislation discussion papers and other web-based forms if you don’t have internet access
- Resolve issues you may be having with provincial ministries or agencies. However, by law, there are some things we cannot help you with (see below).
We can help you if:
- You are a resident of the Burnaby-Deer Lake constituency; and,
- Your matter is with the provincial government.
Unfortunately, we cannot help you if:
- You have or need to retain a lawyer to represent you pertaining to your case;
- Your matter is pending before the courts.
- The police are involved. We cannot make inquiries about police investigations. If you have a complaint about police conduct, please direct them to the Office of the Police Complaints Commissioner.
We are unable to:
- Offer legal advice or assist with legal action
- Overturn the decision of any provincial government ministry or body
- Influence processes set up in law to be independent of the Legislature – such as the office of the Ombudsperson, the Police Complaints Commissioner, the Representative for Child and Youth, etc.
- Change the time limits for filing appeals
- Take on casework that is federal or municipal in nature
- Interfere with federal or municipal issues
- Settle disputes between businesses or neighbours
- Find constituents housing
- Find constituents employment
If we can help you with your matter, contact us by clicking here.